JuviaLockser
jamie fae
Level 82
Sex Appeal: 430009
Reasonopia
26.04.2020 02:00:42
jamie fae

Pia Margrethe wrote:
Jamie: It's a way of cheating. Aplayer gets touched, throws up his arms and collapses, rolling in agony until awarded a penalty. A similar thing happens in basketball, but they call it 'flopping'. It was introduced to the NBA by European players, who learned it from futbol players.

Alex: I thought you were better than that.
I saw the Italian Olympic team do it repeatedly against Brazil in the 1984 Olympics. That Soccer match was played at Stanford Stadium. At the time, the stadium hand not been upgraded since it was built. It had wood benches that were worn & splintering! Much to my chagrin Italy won. I have never seen so much cheating in one game in my life!!!

By the way flop was originally started to try & draw a charging foul & it has been around for as long as I been watching Basketball. Which has been since the 1970s. I think the Russian Olympic team first used it against the US in the 1960's.
I think that I win less than 50% of my fights no matter who the challenger is. :( *Pouts*

26.04.2020 02:00:42
Anna Wing
Level 53
Sex Appeal: 118250
Atheista
26.04.2020 02:11:32
Anna Wing

jamie fae wrote:
I think that I win less than 50% of my fights no matter who the challenger is. :( *Pouts*
My ration is also below 50%. It started to pick up recently, but it was around 30% not too long ago! At first I thought people didn't like my outfits, then I thought they were tired of seeing the same outfits (I take foreeeeever to make new ones!), and now... I accept I cannot control how people feel about my looks, and that a lot of people vote blindly either way.

And to add to the sports conversation, in Brazil we call diving "to pull a Neymar". 

26.04.2020 02:11:32
jamie fae
Level 82
Reasonopia
26.04.2020 02:20:51
jamie fae

Anna Wing wrote:
jamie fae wrote:
My ration is also below 50%. It started to pick up recently, but it was around 30% not too long ago! At first I thought people didn't like my outfits, then I thought they were tired of seeing the same outfits (I take foreeeeever to make new ones!), and now... I accept I cannot control how people feel about my looks, and that a lot of people vote blindly either way.

And to add to the sports conversation, in Brazil we call diving "to pull a Neymar". 

Mine used to even lower than 30% & it drove me nuts because bimbos were posting comments saying how much they loved one of my outfits & though fit would lose most of the time.

I never heard of Neymar. I know Pele & Ronaldo & Beckham, but those are the only names I know. By the way, I played Soccer because of Pele! :)

26.04.2020 02:20:51
Anna Wing
Level 53
Atheista
26.04.2020 02:36:20
Anna Wing

jamie fae wrote:
Mine used to even lower than 30% & it drove me nuts because bimbos were posting comments saying how much they loved one of my outfits & though fit would lose most of the time.

I never heard of Neymar. I know Pele & Ronaldo & Beckham, but those are the only names I know. By the way, I played Soccer because of Pele! :)
Oh, definitely don't take it personally. For one thing, there are many reasons why people vote the way they vote, and it isn't 100% about the look itself. This is why I do like the fight club very much - because I can be sure my tokens are always contributing to someone's badge, even if not my own.

And you are not missing out much for not knowing Neymar (he was playing for Brazil in the latest World Cup, and currently plays for Paris Saint Germain), but there are several compilation videos of him falling down, diving, flopping and generally overacting during matches on Youtube, it might amuse you, hahaha. But don't go expecting the next Pelé, hahaha. 

----
On another topic, you guys know I like to record my challenges, sorry if it ruins the flow of the thread :~

Anna Wing wrote:
14/14 to Toxine
9/9 to Mac
1/1 thefloorisanime
6/10 to Viscerae

Ran out of tokens for the day :)
Continuing, I sent the missing 4/10 to Viscerae
3/3 to Animal Crossing: New Horizons
3/3 to dreamerdumpling101
2/2 to TAFFY DIANE

And I will start again from Juvia, unless more people show up to join while I get my tokens ^.~ Got that Senator Holy Grail item in use today, yay!  

26.04.2020 02:36:20
jamie fae
Level 82
Reasonopia
26.04.2020 03:07:02
jamie fae

Anna Wing wrote:
jamie fae wrote:

Oh, definitely don't take it personally. For one thing, there are many reasons why people vote the way they vote, and it isn't 100% about the look itself. This is why I do like the fight club very much - because I can be sure my tokens are always contributing to someone's badge, even if not my own.

And you are not missing out much for not knowing Neymar (he was playing for Brazil in the latest World Cup, and currently plays for Paris Saint Germain), but there are several compilation videos of him falling down, diving, flopping and generally overacting during matches on Youtube, it might amuse you, hahaha. But don't go expecting the next Pelé, hahaha. 
I used to take it personally. Then I tried an experiment, where I only challenged people I had beaten & I still lost some of those. I tried this for a while & I only had one or two that beat every time. Then I joined the Fight Club & now I use my tokens here. :)

Oh, trust me, there will NEVER be another Pelé! Ronaldo is the closest anyone has come to Pelé & even he, if he is honest will admit that Pelé by far the greatest ever. :)

26.04.2020 03:07:02
JuviaLockser
Level 39
Sex Appeal: 47768
Freethinkerland
26.04.2020 04:25:15
JuviaLockser

Updated List of people aiming for their Fighters badge:
JuviaLockser
princessaphrodite
jamie fae
Dye96
Toxine
macaniada
Anna Wing
dreamerdumpling101
TAFFY DIANE

If I missed a post for requests to join - please DM me 

Um, not sure if I should say something on the matter of this thread. I guess a lot of people have different opinions on it, and the name Fight club does make us sound a little like Mean girls. To me this is just a fun dress up game, I'm happy we're having a chat here ❤ and I'm sorry if my actions offended Pia or anyone else, if this goes against forum rules - tell me please.

Also you guys are awesome for stepping in)

On the matter of football I think I like David Beckham, but only because i was fascinated with Victoria and the dynamic of their relationship. Oh and i was a gatekeeper with the boys when i was in school, they do pack a good kick) and then my gym teacher was like "you put the girl in the glasses in there?! Are you nuts!" so i got back to volleyball with the girls, which i was not a fan of. 

26.04.2020 04:25:15
jamie fae
Level 82
Reasonopia
26.04.2020 05:53:23
jamie fae

JuviaLockser wrote:

On the matter of football I think I like David Beckham, but only because i was fascinated with Victoria and the dynamic of their relationship. Oh and i was a gatekeeper with the boys when i was in school, they do pack a good kick) and then my gym teacher was like "you put the girl in the glasses in there?! Are you nuts!" so i got back to volleyball with the girls, which i was not a fan of. 
I never heard of Beckham until the Movie, "Bend it Like Beckham". If you haven't seen it, what it, it is an excellent movie!

If you had been good enough to play with the boys, I would have fought the coach to let you play! I love Volleyball too!!! :)

Fighter

1141 / 2000
Only 939 to go for my gold badge. :))))))))

26.04.2020 05:53:23
Pia Margrethe
Level 71
Sex Appeal: 280353
Atheista
26.04.2020 08:08:18
Pia Margrethe

jamie fae wrote:

If you do no t consider Messi or Maradona among your greatest and DO include Ronaldo and Neymar, I cannot seriously consider you among the football cogniscenti. Ronaldo is famous for his diving. Neymar was not among this past year's finalists for the Ballon D'Or, which Beckham never won. He was a good mid-field player and, of course, gorgeous, but not the greatest, even of his own time. To suggest he is is to place Anna Kournikova among the greatest of all tennis players. 

26.04.2020 08:08:18
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.
Forudsigelse er meget vanskelig, især hvis det handler om fremtiden
(Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future) - Niels Bohr
As regards your life: why make a tragedy of a one act play? - Dan O'Neil
Sandi Lut
Level 286
Sex Appeal: 28146705
Antitheocra
26.04.2020 08:43:34
Sandi Lut

Pia Margrethe wrote:
While HLB and I disagree about many things, Sandi, so do you and I. But remember: I'm always right and I never lie.
Really? People saying they are always right are either delusional or extremely arrogant. Or both....

26.04.2020 08:43:34
Happiness is inside yourself

Anna Wing
Level 53
Atheista
26.04.2020 08:57:08
Anna Wing

jamie fae wrote:
I used to take it personally. Then I tried an experiment, where I only challenged people I had beaten & I still lost some of those. I tried this for a while & I only had one or two that beat every time. Then I joined the Fight Club & now I use my tokens here. :)

Oh, trust me, there will NEVER be another Pelé! Ronaldo is the closest anyone has come to Pelé & even he, if he is honest will admit that Pelé by far the greatest ever. :)
I did that exact same experiment and got the same results, and that was very helpful in improving how I experienced the game, realizing it was not personal made me feel more confident in my outfits when I was starting to wonder if I had really bad taste, hahaha.

Wait, which of the Ronaldos are you talking about? Ronaldo Phenomenon, or Ronaldinho Gaúcho? I like Gaúcho better because of the off-field memes, but I don't care to watch either play, to be honest.

JuviaLockser
wrote:
Um, not sure if I should say something on the matter of this thread. I guess a lot of people have different opinions on it, and the name Fight club does make us sound a little like Mean girls. To me this is just a fun dress up game, I'm happy we're having a chat here ❤ and I'm sorry if my actions offended Pia or anyone else, if this goes against forum rules - tell me please.

Also you guys are awesome for stepping in)

You have nothing to apologize for. Everyone in this thread is a willing participant, and plenty of us are happy that you took the initiative to start this. :)

So we have 3 former soccer players here! I played defense for my uni team (not because I love soccer, but because "yay, scholarship"!). I'm still shocked I was on the team though. You guys sound like you could actually play, I had no idea what I was doing most of the time, I just did my best to kick the ball as far up the field as I could.

Pia Margrethe
wrote:
If you do no t consider Messi or Maradona among your greatest and DO include Ronaldo and Neymar, I cannot seriously consider you among the football cogniscenti. Ronaldo is famous for his diving. Neymar was not among this past year's finalists for the Ballon D'Or, which Beckham never won. He was a good mid-field player and, of course, gorgeous, but not the greatest, even of his own time. To suggest he is is to place Anna Kournikova among the greatest of all tennis players. 
Pia, it is quite unnecessary to always have stones at hand. Jamie mentioned familiar players, not favorites or best ones.

26.04.2020 08:57:08

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...