Poll: PXFC Theme Poll March 2024

Please LOG IN to vote.
bxdcherri
Level 187
Sex Appeal: 5170982
Reasonopia
24.02.2024 21:14:57
bxdcherri

Hi Ximbos!♡

Here are the theme suggestions for March PXFC! You have until Feb 28th 23:00 XL time. Please use the poll above to vote for the theme you want to see as the PXFC theme. Remember, you can only vote once and cannot undo your vote! Please read each vote description carefully below, before casting your vote!
If you are unsure of what PXFC is or what you are voting for, see this link for the last theme suggestions thread. At the bottom it has an FAQ which new players may find helpful. Submissions for theme suggestions are closed, but will reopen next month so keep a look out and you could win 1000Ds! Lastly, players under level 15 cannot vote in the poll.
Now that's all said and done, here are the suggestions that made it through. If you don't see your suggestion, it's likely that it didn't follow the rules. No worries! Just make sure to check the rules again using that link and resubmit it for next month when suggestions reopen.

✩.・*:。───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩ THEME SUGGESTIONS  ✩.・*:。───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩  

Pump It

Can you handle the curves? Can you run all the lights? If you can, baby boy, then we can go all night ♡
This theme is inspired by Rihanna's song ‘Shut Up and Drive’ , an early 2000’s streetwear royalty fashion statement – mix of edgy glam if you will. Think ripped denim shorts, cropped white tank tops, motorcycle jackets, sneakers or pumps and (a) statement piece(s) of jewelry.
All eyes are on you as you commence the race to begin, you're the grid girl! Make sure you look BOLD and PLAYFUL as you raise your flag to start the race!!
Baby you got the keys, shut up and drive!

How's the Weather?
The weather is a common subject for those who aren't sure of what to say, but this time, something's different on the Ximbo Xeather Forecast. It's getting harder to predict the weather when all these ximbos are becoming it! Rainy, sunny, stormy, windy - Personify any type of weather that speaks to you, and contribute to making meterologists' lives hell.

Substyles from Japan
Dress in your favorite Japanese alternative/substyle!! This includes styles like lolita, visual kei, kogal/gyaru, decora, harajuku, yami kawaii, etc. There are many variations of these styles (especially "kei" styles!!), I encourage ximbos to do a little exploring and find a style that speaks to them! Some more variations/ideas include fairy kei, mori kei, oshare kei, jirai kei, kurofuku kei, eroguru kei, etc. Have fun and show off your unique style!

All About Face
outfits that mainly rely on face and skin layering with outfits that may be simplistic but pop because of the gorgeous base that has been created. Think like how you'll see someone who's outfit isn't particularly special, pretty basic, but it looks soooo good because of how they wear it with their aura.

Down the Rabbit Hole
Your ximbo has fallen down the rabbit hole and is now part of the fantastical world of Wonderland, so who will they be? A rabbit who’s perpetually late, a mad-hatter, a mischievous magical cat, an anthropomorphic flower, or a self-obsessed red queen, it’s all up to you. You could even be inspired by the wonderful world itself, colorful and abstract. Whichever part of Wonderland calls to you, embrace the weird but dress to impress!
In an unending war between the morals of good and evil, causalities are bound to happen..
Draw inspiration from any version of the classic story you like, whether it’s the original book illustrations, one of the many movie adaptations, or even certain Ever After High characters, the possibilities are really endless.

Freaky Fairytales
In this theme, participants must choose a character from a fairytale of their choice, traditional or modern. Chose to embody the perfect Snow White, or a universe where she never got her true loves kiss.. Perhaps a world where Elsa lost control of her powers and turned into an icy queen of rage! Maybe a side character who never got their spotlight gets revenge...
With spindle wheels or glass heels, rip out the pages and retell tales as old as time, only the fairest of them all will earn the crown!

Punx Not Dead
What does punk mean to you? From artists like Vivienne Westwood to The Ramones, Blondie and queer icons like The New York Dolls, punk continues to evolve and influence fashion. Will you represent cyberpunk, steampunk? Maybe crust punk or even pop punk! Inspiration can be taken from the birth of punk and its meaning to be non-conformist and anti-corporate greed, where dr. Martens and leather jackets were essential. Or a modern take on the style, like Sharon Needles, Rico Nasty or what you’d wear in the mosh pit at your local punk band’s gig! Are your crusty, patched pants starting to smell like death or do you stay pretty in punk?

Elemental Elegance: The Four Elements
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the six states of Ximboland lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when Bimbo City attacked. Only Miss Bimbo, president of all six states, could stop them, but when the world needed her most, she vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the winner of this months pxfc.
Embark on a journey through the elements: Fire, Earth, Water, and Air. Embrace the power of Fire with fiery hues, ground yourself in Earth's strength with natural tones, dive into Water's tranquility with shades of blue, and soar with Air's grace with wispy fabrics. Whether you embody one element or bend them all, radiate elemental elegance through your creations. The runway awaits for the elements to unfold in a harmony of style and magic!

Drag Ball
Show up in your best drag-inspired outfits! Any type of drag is welcome - drag queens and drag queens, club kid camp realness, high fashion, everything is welcome. You can take inspiration from any popular drag queen (lady bunny, amanda lepore, the classic rupaul, raja, jinkx monsoon, yvie oddly, or anyone else you love) or you come up with something entirely your own. Celebrate queer fashion and culture!

Dark Academia
Whispered conversations under gothic arches; classes held in a lecture hall with a rosetta window; late-night study hour in a candlelit library with shelves two stories tall and rolling ladders that creak when moved—this is the realm of dark academia, where muted colors, gothic aesthetics, and all things aged and antique meld with a sense of mystery, intrigue, and intellectual curiosity. The aesthetics of dark academia include muted, natural colors in dark tones, vintage accessories, tactile elements (such as furs and knits), abundant layering, and patterns such as plaid and argyle. Are you a PhD candidate surviving on black coffee, a quiet professor with a salacious secret, the mysterious librarian, or even perhaps a student of the occult arts? You decide the nature of this esoteric environment of learning, but keep it professional or you may just find yourself expelled... or something far more sinister.

Always a Bridesmaid, Never the Bride!
What a beautiful wedding... If only it could be yours. Once again, you find yourself playing the part of the Bimbo Bridesmaid, Himbo Groomsman, or Ximbo of Honor. When will it be your turn for romance? Let's see your best wedding attire, whether you're happy for the perfect couple or a scorned friend trying to outshine them.

Have a great day everyone!
Cherri♡

24.02.2024 21:14:57

Hatsune Miiku
Level 46
Sex Appeal: 76299
Atheista
25.02.2024 06:03:07
Hatsune Miiku

so many great themes this month!!!

25.02.2024 06:03:07

Justicee
Level 137
Sex Appeal: 2053160
Reasonopia
25.02.2024 09:07:50
Justicee

I love this list omg! Excited for next month

25.02.2024 09:07:50
FIGHT / DEBATE me!  
halobear8
Level 71
Sex Appeal: 274608
Freethinkerland
25.02.2024 22:08:39
halobear8

OMG I'm getting so antsy I can't wait until the winning theme is announced!! o(*^▽^*)o

25.02.2024 22:08:39

space_pirate666
Level 57
Sex Appeal: 146975
Antitheocra
26.02.2024 17:57:37
space_pirate666

Can't just choose one
i want them all ahhhh~

26.02.2024 17:57:37
Vampire Fangs GIF - Vampire Fangs - Discover  Share GIFs
Jonathan
Level 18
Sex Appeal: 4626
Freethinkerland
28.02.2024 23:22:52
Jonathan

hey guys it's jonathan

this is a very exciting result. i will recreate the yanki style. much love and gratitude to all on ximboland especially those who make these contests possible

Jonathan

28.02.2024 23:22:52
ButterfIy
Level 58
Sex Appeal: 155961
Secville
29.02.2024 03:32:09
ButterfIy

Substyles from Japan
Dress in your favorite Japanese alternative/substyle!! This includes styles like lolita, visual kei, kogal/gyaru, decora, harajuku, yami kawaii, etc. There are many variations of these styles (especially "kei" styles!!), I encourage ximbos to do a little exploring and find a style that speaks to them! Some more variations/ideas include fairy kei, mori kei, oshare kei, jirai kei, kurofuku kei, eroguru kei, etc. Have fun and show off your unique style!

Interesting! I thought themes that could be interpreted as cultural appropriation were against the rules? I guess cultural appropriation is fine, as long as its the current government doing it? Just a thought!

29.02.2024 03:32:09
I am pro-Israel, DNI if pro-Palestine, thank you!
Jonathan
Level 18
Sex Appeal: 4626
Freethinkerland
29.02.2024 04:20:57
Jonathan

hello miss, you have a lovely avatar. and i understand the confusion, i'm new to this and have just realised this was a rule.

i believe appropriation is the misuse or undesired adoption of certain things that are sacred or considered closed-off to one culture. i am not aware of any modern alternative fashion styles that fall under this. maybe certain styles do in other cultures (and so this should be a case-by-case basis), but i know that japan are very open about their modern pop-culture artefacts, these unique styles included, and enjoy when foreigners partake in and boost interest of these creations. i used to be very interested and involved in japanese alternative fashion and i remember there being a harajuku fashion walk that takes place every so often in tokyo, where people from around the world join in with the locals to march in a parade, and locals have always seemed encouraging and excited that their style is enjoyed internationally. i have never seen any japanese person who dresses alternatively say that their clothes shouldn't be worn by foreigners (maybe they exist somewhere, but i used to go down a lot of rabbit holes with translation tools at the ready, i feel like i would have come across it by now).

as a brit (and a rather patriotic one at that), i don't mind at all that modern fashion styles created in my country e.g. punk, goth, new romantic etc. are adopted by foreigners, because there is nothing closed-off or sacred about them. just fun for some people that can be shared on every corner of the earth. i used to study fashion marketing - we had a class where we looked at sensitivities about cultural appropriation, and an example was shown of a white person dressed as a geisha for a magazine spread. most of our class was white-european and felt quite awkward about it. but we also had a few international students - one of those students was japanese, and she said she thought it was a beautiful tribute to her culture. i don't doubt that other japanese people would have a different opinion, as that type of dress is more traditional and held at a higher level of importance, but i think the overall consensus is that the japanese are more inviting of foreigners into their culture. most people when visiting japan are given the opportunity to try on kimonos and do photoshoots with them and other traditional objects. their culture is very uniform and rigid and they are proud of that, so i imagine they would expect immigrants to conform just like them in order to maintain normalcy. i have waffled a lot in this post, but overall i think whether or not adopting something from a foreign culture is offensive or not depends on the dominating opinion of the culture in question.

perhaps you are commenting more on the looseness of the term 'cultural appropriation', and how it is quite an odd one to enforce on its own as a rigid rule. i do think rules and laws should always be 100% clear and without room for interpretation. maybe the government should add a definition in this rule so we know exactly what is and is not permitted. this is an interesting issue to raise.

Jonathan

29.02.2024 04:20:57
bxdcherri
Level 187
Sex Appeal: 5170982
Reasonopia
29.02.2024 13:17:33
bxdcherri

Substyle from Japan won! 

29.02.2024 13:17:33

ButterfIy
Level 58
Sex Appeal: 155961
Secville
29.02.2024 15:47:48
ButterfIy

Omg yay! Let’s do cultural styles from Africa next! We could also do sub styles from Mexico next, I’ve been working on a Dia De Los Muertos look and I’ve been dying to show everyone!

29.02.2024 15:47:48
I am pro-Israel, DNI if pro-Palestine, thank you!

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...