Poll: homestuck?

Please LOG IN to vote.
Zetsubo
Level 18
Sex Appeal: 4109
Secville
09.07.2022 13:24:20
Zetsubo

Vriska used to be an amazing character before act 6, as she stood as a troll who delivered the best world building for trolls as she had these character moments of questioning herself and her beliefs that were brought into question from coming into contact with humans. Vriska's whole person revolved around this "Kill or be killed" reality which was shattered when the humans showed her that it wasn't the only way life could be lived which made her question if her morals where genuinely justified. Her initial death was a perfect end because i believe that she knew fully that it'd end in her death, be it by Jack, or by Terezi. She knew that the only way to amend was to have her last act be dying trying to save everyone, or to die as the villain. 
But then act 6 showed up and decided that they needed to pull Vriska out of her character end, reverse all of her character development, and turn her into a 2 note epic girlboss/neg who completely lacked any of the aspects that made the original likable. Act 6 and the retcon is the keystone of Homestuck falling off and viz media was in their right mind to publish only 1-5 and say "thats it, thats the whole comic"
also fuck kate who is in part responsible who went on a twitter rant once to ramble for 3 paragraphs to just say "its ok that vriska killed her friends cus she actually trans"

09.07.2022 13:24:20
FOSTITIS
Level 32
Sex Appeal: 24337
Reasonopia
09.07.2022 15:28:42
FOSTITIS

mad agree my dude

in general i think once people started digging their fingers in hussie's pie the comic took a dive and he got disillusioned and didn't know what to do with it anymore, hence the mega-gigapauses. there was also a bunch of shit on twitter and the whole kickstarter thing where he waffled on being a project lead and the development team stole the money to go make king's quest. 

it really does seem like vriska was his most successful character-- in no small part because of the fact she died, and recieved consequences for all her shit. i don't think i'd mind if ghost vriska was still in the story as long as it was an alt-timeline vriska (i posted about this before) and not alpha vriska. (but of course that all gets thrown in the trash after retcon... hahaha *sob*) 

although viz buying homestuck is sad thing for me. the site is so completely hilariously broken. something something poetic justice

09.07.2022 15:28:42
asses to asses... bust to bust...

Zetsubo
Level 18
Secville
09.07.2022 16:20:40
Zetsubo

funny thing about the kings quest stuff actually. That was all a fabricated lie to paint Hussie as a victim to Oddgentlemen when it was actually Hussie who took advantage of them and wasted their time and their own money. The TLDR is that Huss continued to not deliver materials TOG needed to properly start making the game, and instead used them to get the meat of the animation for act 7 done. They would then proceed to threaten to sue a youtuber over talking about this information but admits in an email to the youtuber that they didnt actually watch the video

09.07.2022 16:20:40
FOSTITIS
Level 32
Reasonopia
09.07.2022 16:29:33
FOSTITIS

i will... respectfully disagree, as i was present in the fandom during all this happening and i don't really trust sarah z whatsoever. in terms of the whole TOG/king's quest discourse, sorry for mentioning it, and i'm not super in the mood to discuss it because it might throw the thread off the rails LMAO you have good takes though

09.07.2022 16:29:33

Zetsubo
Level 18
Secville
09.07.2022 17:38:57
Zetsubo

to be fair, sarah z didnt do the research, she was just parroting an article written by Gio which i what i read personally (i never watched any of sarah's stuff cus i was able to stay fairly caught up on what was happening without it)
it is alot of he said she said stuff, i remember the og post about TOG pretty clearly but Gio's writing had alot more back up but what side of the story you subscribe to doesnt really matter it's homestuck production drama after all. and with all good hope homestuck and hiveswap are dead as hell and stay like that

09.07.2022 17:38:57
Julezsz
Level 34
Sex Appeal: 29236
Atheista
09.07.2022 21:56:15
Julezsz

in my humble onion i think homestuck was an extremely influential piece of media. was it as bad as people said it was? no. was it as good as people said it was? also no. is it mid???? nope. it's something else entirely

09.07.2022 21:56:15

runs around in circles until i pass out in the dirt face down
tiredTurbulence
Level 12
Sex Appeal: 1461
Atheista
10.07.2022 02:25:50
tiredTurbulence

as a massive hs fan man i agree- its like its whole own mess outside of any like “good media bad media scale”

and ahh, vriska
she is def one of my faves despite it all- though tavrissprite is above her in my ranking
Yes, tavrissprite was only there for like 3 pages but, it was enough to cement them into my heart 4ever

10.07.2022 02:25:50

FOSTITIS
Level 32
Reasonopia
01.08.2022 16:19:05
FOSTITIS

on the subject of homestuck shit
bro i'm gonna be real i'm trying to do this derse dreamer outfit and i'm having a bad time
look at this trainwreck, i can't go on anymore, i have to restart LOL augghhh

01.08.2022 16:19:05

sugartitties
Level 22
Sex Appeal: 8061
Reasonopia
01.08.2022 22:39:02
sugartitties

personally i find it boring... no offense to any1 who likes it tho !!1 it seems cool and i really like the art style, but i just CANNOT stand reading it.

01.08.2022 22:39:02
space_pirate666
Level 57
Sex Appeal: 146975
Antitheocra
15.01.2023 13:33:02
space_pirate666

I think my homestuck experience got ruined when I was in my midteens freelancing... and writing/editing horribly written amateur NC-17/NC-21 fanfiction on the fandom... ever since then homestuck never been the same to me
+ it just feels like a drag. last time i checked, the comic was just endless... 

15.01.2023 13:33:02
Vampire Fangs GIF - Vampire Fangs - Discover  Share GIFs

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...