Prime Ximbo:
Treasury (USD):

Ximboland Clock

The Minister of Entertainment and Education - Ximboland political reforms from August 2024

Created
Author
SweetasNuts
SweetasNuts
Level 30
Sex Appeal: 19667
Atheista
09.07.2024 14:22:38
SweetasNuts

Hello Ximbos - new and old

I am going to share more information about our new political set up here in Ximboland from August 1st.

This post is about the Entertainment and Education Minister only.
More info on the other minister roles to come.

Job Title = Right Honourable Entertainment and Education Minister of the Fashionable republic of Ximboland

Who can stand for this role =
Any senator

Role = The Entertainment and Education Minister is self explanatory.

You are the original entertainer. You are the spiritual, cultural and funnical leader of Ximboland. The boss of the Town Square.

You are a cross between a Mother/Father, a maitre d and a host. The host with the most. Its your voice that we will hear the loudest.

You will put the community first and will be warm and welcoming to everyone regardless of your personal allegiances or history. You will be especially welcoming to new Ximbo immigrants making sure they feel comfortable to post and engage in Ximboland. You will educate Ximbos on bimboism, Ximbo fashion and  how Ximboiland works and take great pride in your work.

You will work closely with the PX and the other ministers and support them in their endeavours to improve Ximboland.

The Entertainment and education minister is responsible for crazes and state/fashion wars ensuring that we have 1 x state war per term. You will also be responsible for supporting the PX with the PXFC.

Powers = The Entertainment Minister will have the power to = 

Pin posts, create pop ups, post in Pink House private office.

The Entertainment Minister will not have the power to edit posts, delete posts, issue any forum bans/jail bans.

Rewards = a 1/4 of the treasury funds on completion of a completed government term.

This is a new role so I am sure it will change and expand over time.

I hope you will support our Entertainment Minister in our shared mission to improve Ximboland

09.07.2024 14:22:38

tibby
Level 51
Sex Appeal: 101664
Agnostica
09.07.2024 14:25:30
tibby

sounds really fun :)

09.07.2024 14:25:30

Pollyx
Level 126
Sex Appeal: 1583529
Antitheocra
09.07.2024 14:42:20
Pollyx

You mentioned this role and the Minister of Fashion will have the gifting tool as well as a diamond stipend, but those are missing here. Can you confirm? Those elements are pretty much vital for both of of these roles and I'm happy to explain why in more detail if you would like to know.

Also, if this role is required to make sure State Wars happens, how will they do that? Is it going to be a new tool on site for this player?

09.07.2024 14:42:20
★ Subscribe to the New Shop Items thread to get updates about what's been added recently! ★
Semi-hiatus due to an ongoing urgent IRL situation requiring a great deal of my time, schedule unpredictable, sorry!
Here
is my well-sourced educational forum post about Israel's apartheid and genocide of Palestinians in Gaza and across Palestine as a whole, please educate yourself or you may fall for propaganda! 

Beautiful_KayKay
Level 17
Sex Appeal: 3658
Secville
09.07.2024 14:42:46
Beautiful_KayKay

August is only a month away this is still July why are you even talking about it like tf

09.07.2024 14:42:46
Xoxo Babygirl
SweetasNuts
Level 30
Atheista
09.07.2024 14:47:20
SweetasNuts

This is something that needs development. I understand why state ministers and Fashion minister need to have stipend but why do you feel entertainment minister does? 

Pollyx
wrote: (original post HERE)
You mentioned this role and the Minister of Fashion will have the gifting tool as well as a diamond stipend, but those are missing here. Can you confirm? Those elements are pretty much vital for both of of these roles and I'm happy to explain why in...

09.07.2024 14:47:20

SweetasNuts
Level 30
Atheista
09.07.2024 14:51:23
SweetasNuts

And yes there is a new tool for uploading fashion/state wars

09.07.2024 14:51:23

Pollyx
Level 126
Antitheocra
09.07.2024 15:10:13
Pollyx

You mention in your main post for this thread that the Entertainment and Education minister will be responsible for entertaining, welcoming, and educating new Ximbos on the ways and history of the Internet Republic. Gifting and running contests (such as Fashion Week, a popular multi-week contest typically organized end partially funded by the PB) seems like a necessity to entertain. Contests, events, and quizzes would be a HUGE part of entertaining the userbase.

I don't intend to run for this position, but as an example, in February I ran a large all-state event called February Art Fight where users gifted art, writing, collages, and other forms of creativity to users from other states, basically "attacking" them and earning points for their state by giving gifts. It was a hugely collaborative event with hundreds of entries which instilled interest in the site and site patriotism while also supporting the sense of community we have here. Events like these would make the most sense for the Entertainment Minister to run, especially because this position will likely be replacing the PX's typical contests.

You said months ago you wanted the PX position to be an entertainment position. Almost every PB over the last few years has run monthly contests or challenges of some kind which get the userbase interested and involved, something that was previously funded partially by the treasury, but with the treasury now being split, that simply does not make sense (let's be honest, Pink House members and State Ministers buying their own diamonds is pretty ridiculous in the first place, but I digress). Gifting and rewards are a huge motivator for participation in these events. I can imagine a potential Entertainment Minister filling the education part of their duties by running quizzes and contests centered around testing your knowledge of Ximboland (including potentially from Sindy Laarson's book) or rewarding Ximbos for winning or participating in creative or fashion contests centered around Ximbo knowledge.

Providing the gifting tool and a diamond stipend also enables candidates to bring their own platform to the table and therefore allowing Ximbos to vote for the candidate offering the kind of entertainment they want most. A potential Minister might say they want to entertain and educate Ximbos by running contests for users to submit stories and artwork that are fanart of site events or interpretations of Ximbo lore. If site users like that, they can vote for that candidate. This would get people involved and patriotic and educated about Ximbo values, but would require the gifting tool due to it being a contest, as well as a diamond stipend for an amount of contests, events, challenges, or quizzes per month decided on in an agreement between Team Bimbo and Entertainment Ministers. If that Minister wants to pay for diamonds to go beyond that, that's fine, but there needs to be a baseline.

If this minister is running PXFC suggestion threads, that will also require diamonds and the gifting tool, as previous PBs have rewarded 1000D to the person who suggested the winning theme. If you run PXFC and do not offer this, the userbase who is accustomed to this incentive may be disappointed and less engaged. You need to reward users somehow and gifting is the easiest structure already in place for that as there aren't specialized badges or other profile rewards for specific events yet. Site morale is low and you need users to feel there's a reason to get engaged with the community again—something the Entertainment Minister can theoretically do, but they need these tools and a diamond stipend to do that.

(The fashion minister needs those tools for a different purpose obviously, and likely a stipend in different amounts—something I'm happy to talk to Team Bimbo about as it's slightly specific to the needs of the shop) 

09.07.2024 15:10:13
★ Subscribe to the New Shop Items thread to get updates about what's been added recently! ★
Semi-hiatus due to an ongoing urgent IRL situation requiring a great deal of my time, schedule unpredictable, sorry!
Here
is my well-sourced educational forum post about Israel's apartheid and genocide of Palestinians in Gaza and across Palestine as a whole, please educate yourself or you may fall for propaganda! 

SweetasNuts
Level 30
Atheista
09.07.2024 15:28:55
SweetasNuts

And this is exactly why you should be running and hopefully winning one of the minister roles. You clearly know a lot and have a great holistic view of all aspects of Ximboland. I feel we could achieve a lot working together.

To these ideas here - yes this is exactly the type of entertainment and education minister we need eg creative and fun.

With regards to gifting tool and stipend.  I  have teh gifting tool and so can easily gift to anyone whom the minister asks of me though agreed I may as well let them do it direct. 
As for diamonds and how many they are allowed t gift. I find this tricky to know because we are essentially plucking figures out of thin air though I know it is necessary and long overdue  to work this out and just go with it., The same for State ministers,. They need stipend also. 

One slight issue with tis is accountability. How will anyone know whom the minister is actually awarding diamonds to? Cant this be abused ie they give diamonds to their alt accounts or friends etc? 

Pollyx
wrote: (original post HERE)
You mention in your main post for this thread that the Entertainment and Education minister will be responsible for entertaining, welcoming, and educating new Ximbos on the ways and history of the Internet Republic. Gifting and running contests (such...

09.07.2024 15:28:55

Pollyx
Level 126
Antitheocra
09.07.2024 15:46:42
Pollyx

Great question, but there are solutions to this baked in. First of all, there should be a database Team Bimbo can access to track these kind of things, no? When it comes to extreme cases, at least, that must be trackable somewhere. However, I'm not sure it actually needs to come to that.

The simplest answer is to have a set amount allotted for the position that is to be used for contests and challenges with the additional specification that you cannot enter your own contests from an alt account (obviously). The gifting tool currently already tracks when people gift things—you pick what thread to gift to and it sends a message there and to the player's DMs (and your own). Unless those Ministers have FP tools, which they won't, they ideally won't be able to delete those posts (though if theirs is the most recent, I'm not sure) and that serves as a log for users of what is being sent out. Of course, people could be sending some of their own diamonds out in addition to that, but if that's for contests, would it matter?

If users know how much the Minister has been allotted for contests, they will pay attention to whether or not that amount is actually going out to people i.e. if the contests are being held. We know TB can take Diamonds and positions away, so those tools are available in the case of a Minister abusing their position for this. Realistically, though, that usually doesn't happen. Most State Ministers and PH members across time know they can't abuse the gifting tool even with their own Diamonds (i.e. you have to have a reason to send gifts, you can't just send them to friends) as it's considered an abuse of power. I would hope it would be even moreso in the case of diamond stipends from TB, especially since these figures can be tracked, probably from both the front and back end side of things.

As for the amounts involved, I'm sure plenty of SMs and former PH members could talk about standard types of amounts they give out for prizes. You could sort of average out monthly totals for that kind of thing, or how much a PB would spend on this kind of stuff, and give out a total monthly amount to the Entertainment Minister that they can separate into whatever number of contests they want to, with the understanding that if the player base doesn't like what they're doing they won't be elected again.

09.07.2024 15:46:42
Here

lovelifegirl
Level 172
Sex Appeal: 4003172
Atheista
09.07.2024 16:05:49
lovelifegirl

I mean, couldn’t that be said for every new role atp that’s given a stipend? Since you’re wanting to be more hands on, you should be able to see that if it happens right? 
Imo, you’re just going to have to trust, and if someone doesn’t do things fairly, then you’d have to remove them from the role - and there wouldn’t be much to lose at all on the off chances that they prize alts or friends since a) the prizes would be given for nothing by the dev team and b) they’ve given you free labour. 
At worst, you’re giving away ‘freebies’ for someone volunteering as the treasury split most likely wouldn’t cover most of the time they’d dedicate to the roll. 

Putting in numbers, if it’s a 3 month term, and the treasury is where it’s at rn, we’ll be generous and round off to an easy number of $400USD. Split between 4, $100 each. You’ve lost at max, $33 a month - the UKs minimum wage equals to nearly $15USD an hour. 2 hours pay worth of work in a months timeframe I don’t think is too much to lose, and the persons time would easily amount to more than 2 hours anyway.

Hopefully in the 3 months working with the people in any of the new minister roles, you can gauge and decide for yourself who is fair and who plays favourites, but I appreciate you answering our questions regarding this new change anyway, so ty for that Chris ~ 

(( also sidenote but Polly based fr rn )) 

09.07.2024 16:05:49

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...