Author
Miss Bimbo
bxdcherri
Level 187
Sex Appeal: 5190638
Reasonopia
29.12.2023 18:32:53
bxdcherri

Okay, but why would the fashion police remove something that isn’t technically breaking any rules? Does that not come under silencing or something? There’s a lot of grey area here, which is why I’m asking for a more clearer picture. If it’s up to the Fashion Police to remove whatever they want, without clear guidelines, that’s when things get messy and it comes across as them just doing whatever they want. It’s best for the whole site if it’s much clearer. 

So just to make sure I’m understanding this correctly, if you run and win the only rules are:

1) no doxxing
2) no hacking the site
3) no physical violence

However, players can report things they deem unsafe for the site and then it is up to the PH discretion on whether it is or isn’t a problem or not, is that correct?

29.12.2023 18:32:53

Blecky89
Level 234
Sex Appeal: 10798350
Freethinkerland
29.12.2023 18:36:38
Blecky89

Those 3 are the only reason for banning player from site if I understand MissBimbo correctly.
Also not PB or FP can remove stuff from your about me or debate topics. We can only ask to player to remove it.
I was said already multiple times there are forum rules that are valid till my term ends after that new PB can make her own rules for forum if they found them outdated or lacking. 
Link to the current forum rules https://ximbo.land/forum/rules-ximboland-forum-rules/t6961

29.12.2023 18:36:38

bxdcherri
Level 187
Sex Appeal: 5190638
Reasonopia
29.12.2023 18:44:56
bxdcherri

bxdcherri wrote:
So just to make sure I’m understanding this correctly, if you run and win the only rules are:
Highlighting this for clarity. I’m not asking about the current state of the site, I’m asking about a hypothetical future if SweetAsNuts wins the election, as I’m quite interested in his viewpoints x

29.12.2023 18:44:56

Becca77
Level 53
Sex Appeal: 113963
Reasonopia
29.12.2023 19:12:09
Becca77

And what about those forum rules? Will they also change Miss Bimbo? Will free speech be maxed out or can we still expect some kind of dignity and respect?

29.12.2023 19:12:09
SweetasNuts
Level 29
Sex Appeal: 18839
Atheista
29.12.2023 21:07:43
SweetasNuts

I (Sweetasnuts) will present my manifesto to you soon 

29.12.2023 21:07:43

Make Ximboland Fashionable again on May 1st 2024 - Vote BCP !

LillyAnn
Level 235
Sex Appeal: 10829670
Freethinkerland
30.12.2023 01:07:34
LillyAnn

I would like some clarification on this topic:

We are going to open it up so that all senators can stand as long as you have been a senator for 3 months.
So yes I please encourage you to stand for election
Yes at the moment my intention is to open it up from Feb. I hope this will encourage democracy in Ximboland. Lets see
1. What if someone is already SM but isn't senator longer than 3 months? - Do they qualify for Feb election?
2. What if someone buys annual sub for example and technically is a senator for 12 months but in reality it's their first or second month of senatorship? - Do they qualify by default or have to wait for 3 months to pass?
3. Does '3 months of being a senator' mean
  a) 3 months in total at anytime (ex. someone was a senator for a month year ago, then 6 months ago and now again)
  b) 3 months in a row, like last 3 months?

30.12.2023 01:07:34

Welcome new bimbos & himbos ❣   

I identify as transparent, pronounces who/where
(don't take this seriously, because if you do it's your own fault)

Gemima1984
Level 111
Sex Appeal: 1081628
Atheista
30.12.2023 15:02:32
Gemima1984

I think moving forward, the below changes should be considered for implementation if the aim is to foster democracy:

A fair impartial moderation system

• Rules need to be clear and detailed. Subjective interpretations should be minimised and there should be a focus on being as objective as possible. These should be clearly communicated with the users
• Punishment thresholds should be clear and communicated and outlined in relation with the rules. Iowa's graded system for jailing makes perfect sense. Any jailing reasons should then refer back to these rules and outlined punishments
• Moderators should be impartial and unbiased and should not let their personal feelings cloud their judgement.
• Moderating should be communicated in a professional manner with the aim to deescalate and ensure the established rules are stuck to.
• There should be clear guidelines on when material should be removed.
• Records need to be kept to hold the moderation team accountable. This is also important because if somebody questions their treatment, you should have an accurate record of what they did and why moderators intervened.
• Moderation should be actively undertaken by several people with clear communication steams, this will help balance bias and differing viewpoints
• Punishments should be consistently given so there are no double standards. Follow the protocols outlined in the rules and outlined punishments
• Terminology regarding the current punishment system and information should be clearly communicated so new users should be able to easily establish how things are running. The terminology currently used is confusing as it is different to other websites. Define your terms and be patient when people ask for clarity regarding this.
• Users should be provided with a fair way of appealing. The current rule where nobody can discuss moderator intervention combined with the inconsistent applying of the rules is oppressive and opaque.
• All of this can apply to the minimalist rules sweetasnuts proposes, the rules can be set as needed but the application of the rules needs to be clearly defined and they need to be robust or else you run into issues further down the line.

Implement better features and improve site functionality

• If we're going to foster a community of free speech and minimise input from moderators, you need to better empower users to protect themselves. It's not just about having to endure abuse, trolling, hurty words etc, it's the fact that people's enjoyment of the site is affected by a select few whose sole purpose seems to be making everybody else miserable. This is annoying and people should be able to block people whose content they don't want to see. This should hide content from view and stop the blocked person also viewing content. That way any "censorship" is done at a personal level. Literally every other social media app has this feature.
• Timestamped edits on forum posts - at present it's really easy to post something and then edit it after posting it. I've never encountered a forum that didn't timestamp edits or denote that a post was edited. It's too easy for people to clean up and change narratives. Let people edit their posts but timestamp it with a note it was edited.

Better transparency and communication with the community

• It might make sense to you, Chris but the website political structure is not intuitive and doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It would be helpful to have an easy to find guide on how this place runs. The wiki is outdated and there's lots of little pieces of information people have to pick up as they go. This being clearly described and outlined would help
• Clearly established roles and responsibilities. People running for Prime Bimbo need a clear description of what the role entails, same for state minister. It needs to be clearly defined. Same for fashion police and any of the other roles.
• Jargon and abbreviations - it is confusing to read this place if you're a newer player. Everybody uses jargon and if you ask questions they're not always met kindly. There should be a list of commonly used terms and abbreviations to signpost players to. It's alienating to newer members. Chris, even you ran into problems because you had a differing idea of what the term "Pink House" referred to.
• Better communication with regards to planned changes on the website. Regular lists of changes so the userbase know what has happened. Not only that but planned changes and features should be regularly communicated to users. This would further encourage people to actually invest in playing the game as they know what's ahead and the game is actively being worked on and improved. It would also give players a better appreciation for the behind the scenes work.
• At present, the userbase make recommendations/suggestions and then they vanish into the ether and we don't hear back. Engage with your userbase and speak to them about what is possible, what features are being prioritised, what is and isn't possible.

Coding responsibilities

• I think you've stated Mariolka is under your employment so things work differently there, however it would be useful for the userbase to have an understanding of his remit, roles and responsibilities. He has previously entered threads threatening to ban people. Is it his job to enforce the rules?
• A true democracy would require the coder to remain impartial. He needs to work effectively with each government. He's also unelected so his influence in terms of the politics and enforcement of the rules ought to be minimised for the sake of fostering democracy.
• There seems to have been some drama regarding shop workers with regards to Mariolka, if his role, remit and responsibilities were better understood, then any potential issues could be dealt with more effectively.
• Does anybody have overall input and sign off on what coder resource is used for in terms of implementing features? Features should be prioritised based on their impact with regards to the site owner's legal obligation, improving the site and driving more site traffic and revenue.
• How will longstanding projects and features be managed between governments? What is the average time between the initial scoping of the idea and it being implemented in terms of a site feature? This needs to be ironed out, especially if the aim is to shorten thr PB length.
• There needs to be a clearer definition of what is the site owner's decision, what falls to the coding team and what is the Prime Bimbo's responsibilities. Until this is done, you're going to have a hard time being hands off as you wish.

30.12.2023 15:02:32
KirstyD8
Level 148
Sex Appeal: 2553095
Freethinkerland
30.12.2023 17:31:01
KirstyD8

Blecky posted about these things happening Post here. People in this thread was told moderating was happening. And yes it was agreed to moderate whole thread between Blecky and Chris.

30.12.2023 17:31:01
Beautiful in my own way❤️  Hey creepy stalkers gang go away! {pronouns = Princess}
Iowa
Level 70
Sex Appeal: 270180
Reasonopia
30.12.2023 19:03:22
Iowa

if someone (or two people) seems to do literally nothing but antagonize other users to the point of driving them off the site is it not appropriate for the good of the community to remove them? or at least give them an ultimatum? even if we look at it from the perspective of money, if they intermittently buy senatorships while actively driving people away from the community, that is still a loss. that is a loss of traffic on the site and a loss of potential senators who might have otherwise paid were it not for those users. if two people are almost unanimously and universally hated and have shown time and time again that they do not care about following the rules or respecting other users, they are a parasite to the community. democracy isn't just a process, it is a social contract, and bad actors refusing to abide by the same rules as everyone else threatens the entire structure.

30.12.2023 19:03:22
✖ he/him pronouns ✖ chris/sweetasnuts doesnt care about this game
AuntieLice
Level 60
Sex Appeal: 168101
Secville
30.12.2023 19:17:07
AuntieLice

I do agree, as both Juggalo Rights and Hot Topica are hated by everyone and are driving players away with their behaviour which shouldn't be acceptable since they have gotten banned multiple times already and are not even using the main feature of the website (which is making outfits), but let's not go off topic again

To go back on topic, I do think Chris would make a great Prime Bimbo for the next election and don't see a problem with him taking one term even if there's no voting. He could serve as a good example for others who are interested in running for PB in the future.

30.12.2023 19:17:07
“Then two years ago, I became a public figure representing domestic abuse, and I felt the full force of our culture’s wrath for women who speak out.” -Amber Heard

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...