Miss Bimbo
Miss Bimbo
Level 35
Sex Appeal: 33597
bimbo-city
31.10.2023 15:44:35
Miss Bimbo

Hello Ximboland

So a few changes are needed in Ximboland.

Firstly my attempt to foster a functioning democracy is not working as planned in the sense that competition for Prime Ximbo is generally poor with a pattern forming whereby the standing Prime Ximbo is being re elected unopposed at each election.

So clearly we need to make some changes to foster more democracy.
So I am proposing these changes and we will try and implement as many of them as possible:

1)
A more adult/over 18 UI/UX/design.
We are now firmly a site that is for intellectual adults and so our site needs to reflect this whilst maintaining its cheeky humour. I am looking for a UI/graphic designer whom can come up with a great new cool mature adult funny design. If anyone knows anyone please send them my way

2) Creating more tax payers by creating more entrepreneurs/money makers/content creators.
This then increases the amount of money in the treasury for the government.

So one flaw of our democracy is that we dont have enough tax payers because we dont have enough money makers. In fact the only money generated is for the Prime Ximbo whom we pay once every 3 months.
So how can we create more tax payers?

We have to create more content creators.
So the way we can do this is by allowing each Ximbo to charge other Ximbos for their content whatever that may be.
Ximbos can charge other Ximbos to see their pictures, see their posts, see their videos or buy their clothes. A percentage of any of these revenues will be taxed into the treasury which the Prime Ximbo will then earn or use to spend on their government.
So we will create a wall/feed and allow Ximbos too promote and sell themselves and their entrepreneurial activities and thus create revenue and tax when doing so.

So for example if Ximbo A creates some content that can only be accessed by Ximbos whom pay $2 then $1 will go to the content creator (Ximbo A) 0.50 will go to the treasury (Prime Ximbo) and 0.50 into Ximboland development.

3) Being as we are now an adult site then the content and rules have been relaxed from what they were when many people were banned. Therefore I am enacting a President's amnesty for banned Ximbos whom were banned under rules that were in place prior to our change of direction

4) A politics barometer in the corner of the home page set by the Prime Ximbo. This will inform the public where we are in our policies ranging from

left wing - centre- right wing

Do you have any other ideas on how best we can
a) foster democracy?
b) create creators and thus more tax payers?

thanks

Miss Bimbo

31.10.2023 15:44:35

ambercrystals
Level 162
Sex Appeal: 3371102
Atheista
31.10.2023 19:17:33
ambercrystals

when i was state minister, one of the reasons i didn’t run for prime bimbo was the amount of work that it required, and i wasn’t fully sure of how to go about interacting with the admins in that position. while money from the treasury already goes towards prime bimbo, and there is an achievement, i feel that creating more competition requires more incentive / rewards for prime bimbo. maybe extra outfit slots, special profile interface (sparkly?), or items only the prime bimbo can use. while i understand the site needs more revenue & this is a reason to have pink house pay for diamonds to use as contest rewards etc, a true motivator for me to run for prime bimbo would be some set allowance of diamonds to use for contests.
if the government needs more money, i think it would be a good idea to make state wars more than a yearly event (maybe once per holiday), or incorporate other small site-wide events that reward bonuses for senatorship or spending money on diamonds. if fostering spending money on the site is necessary, maybe there could be a line of special clothing that people can spend diamonds on (similar to the VIB senator clothing), but i’m a little iffy on this. i think that the artifact exchange is a good step in the direction of getting people to buy and spend their diamonds, maybe that could be expanded upon. maybe there could be a function to buy other people wishlist items using diamonds - i would definitely use diamonds for that.
i feel that creating an environment where users have to pay to interact with important parts of other bimbos’ profiles takes away from the sense of community of the site by locking things & creates a “pay to play” style that would drive citizens (almost certainly myself, which i hate to say) away from the site. i would be interested in a function where people have to pay to view others’ items used in the outfits, similar to what is there already with the diamonds, but beyond that i feel is stepping too far away from what the site is right now. i’m primarily here for outfit creation, but if i couldn’t interact with other users without paying real life money, that would sour ximboland for me.
with the site being more 18+, does that mean we will be making a return to bimboland over ximboland?

31.10.2023 19:17:33

Gemima1984
Level 111
Sex Appeal: 1081628
Atheista
31.10.2023 21:34:48
Gemima1984

I've only been around for a few months but I have lurked the forum a lot and seen the general response to these kinds of announcements so I wanted to weigh in (and I welcome any further insight from others who will likely know more than myself). I just want to echo ambercrystal's above sentiments, from somebody who plays casually and doesn't really get involved in the political aspects of the game (I just want to dress up a doll and hang out with the lovely community), it does strike me that there is a huge time sink into the prime bimbo role and that's likely what is discouraging others from running.

I get the general sense that often times when a decision is made about the website, it's made and then a kind of superficial attempt at consultation and engagement takes place where the idea is proposed or announced and then what the people who use the website day in and day out have to say is considered as an afterthought. The opinions of the prime bimbo, state ministers, senators and general user base are invaluable when pinpointing areas for improvement and nobody can better tell you what incentivizes and deincentivizes them more than the players themselves. I think if there was more opportunity for problems or areas for improvement to be discussed in an open forum with players being able to suggest solutions and then them being worked on together, there'd be more investment into the changes from anybody.

On a personal level, I really don't like the sound of a bimboland onlyfans or patreon type mechanism where players charge each other for basic site functionality. Ambercrystals has some really good ideas and I'm sure the rest of the user base have others too.

I know resource is limited in terms of coding/design/implementing changes so it might be worth getting some user engagement and feedback in order to prioritise changes, if the user base gets to have insight into changes then they're more likely to spend actual money using the site. I don't know if adding a political spectrum graphic or updating the graphics will really drive more income compared to the implementation of more events, introduction of new features such as mini games etc.

I'd also like to say that during my short time here, I can see the positive impact that Blecky has had and I appreciate all the behind the scenes work much of the user base does to bring us fun ways to enjoy the game.

31.10.2023 21:34:48
XxhottiexX
Level 19
Sex Appeal: 4886
Freethinkerland
01.11.2023 06:01:40
XxhottiexX

I wholeheartedly agree with ambercrystals and gemima. Putting parts of the site behind a paywall would most definitely make the site lose a large chunk of players. Especially because there’s only a couple features that are worth paying real money for like gems and bimbo dollars. I think that a good way to bring in more revenue would be to have some really cute exclusive items or clothing collections in the shops that are behind a pay wall. Another way would be to have more team events or monthly festivities like state wars to get more people having fun and spending more time on the app. 

As far as the prime bimbo elections go I think there needs to be far more benefits to being prime bimbo for the amount of work they must do. Maybe site wide discounts or a special prime bimbo outfit set that’s super extravagant and pretty. 

01.11.2023 06:01:40
Shaemless
Level 32
Sex Appeal: 25631
Freethinkerland
01.11.2023 15:19:30
Shaemless

I don't care for political stuff, I feel like itp's such an american thing and it leads to outright mean things. Buuuut I am an artist. I always thought it would be cool if we could sell our own clothes. Not with real money necessarily, but with the in-game currency. Maybe, so we don't have the weirdest things in the shop, there can be a submission process through the site itself. Maybe instead we can create bundles of clothes we could sell through diamonds. Outright using real life currency for everything seems a bit extreme imo and will maybe even actually make people not interact with the creators at all even. 

01.11.2023 15:19:30
✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*
groco
Level 58
Sex Appeal: 155213
Atheista
01.11.2023 17:22:17
groco

I agree with the others. I know there must be some money to keep bimboland running, but I feel like the current system of paying for senatorship and diamonds/bimbo dollars is a good one. Using senator artifacts for state wars I was able to experience and appreciate the benefits. I feel like it's balanced. Like others, I feel like inputting paywalls that make bimboland pay-to-play or pay-to-win would be an enormous mistake, and would cause a loss in players, not a gain (as much as I like bimboland, I am just the kind of person who won't pay for something if I don't have to, but that's just me). As for buying content from other bimbos, if I want to see, for instance, art from another bimbo/support them monetarily, I would probably rather commission them/buy them a kofi/support their patreon than go through bimboland. I would go through those avenues to support them, and buy diamonds/dollars directly from bimboland if I wanted to support bimboland.

As for prime bimbo, as others has stated, it's a very demanding job. A way suggested to make the position more appealing would be more benefits. Alternatively, spreading out the responsibilities across more people and more roles, lessening the burden, could also be a solution. As it stands, though, you have to pay money to be a senator, state minister, prime bimbo, with little reward and a lot of responsibilities, so it just feels like it's the kind of role that will only suit a select few, unfortunately. Adding more roles for more bimbos, and perhaps more things for the state ministers to do, could make running for office more appealing, but I also understand having more chefs in the kitchen by having more people with access to power on bimboland could prove problematic as well. As it stands, the money and time commitment required just does not foster an environment for more bimbos to become active in bimboland politics

As for the real life politics...I know this site was created with that in mind, but it just hasn't really worked out that way for us the players. I don't think many would be interested in it. People don't even choose their state strictly on the politics listed for each. I feel like it would cause unneeded scrutiny on fellow bimbos and lead to a more toxic environment. Most people are here for fashion and friends. For issues in bimboland, I personally do not feel that these things are things that I find pressing or needing of much change. A lot of changes proposed I would find detrimental to the site. I understand the need or want for changes in certain aspects and areas, but I don't think these are necessarily the ones to do.  

01.11.2023 17:22:17
jesse we need to cook
Iowa
Level 70
Sex Appeal: 270180
Reasonopia
02.11.2023 03:19:21
Iowa

how will the amnesty work? my old account i had for over a year was banned and i was never given a reason why and i would love to have it back if possible. i know i can't have two accounts so i'd delete this one if i got my old one back.

02.11.2023 03:19:21
✖ he/him pronouns ✖ chris/sweetasnuts doesnt care about this game
l
l
Level 161
Sex Appeal: 3283274
Agnostica
02.11.2023 12:46:45
l

My honest opinion would be, if you want people to invest in this game, you need to start investing first.

Bring more activities people can spend their diamonds on. 
In this moment, the only people who feel "obligated" to spend real money in this game are State Ministers and PB. 

First idea it would be, personalized shops. Letting artists show their talent by having their own community shops, something like we had in MissBimbo. 
Less bimbo dollars crazes would be better as well for community economy, having millions of bimbo $ and not having on what to spend its annoying.

As a secondary idea, would be housing. Make a system where we can create a house/rooms for our bimbo, and where people can spend diamonds to personalize it. Also here we can have again community shops.

Third idea, bring back pets. Let us have our own pets only based on diamonds. It would be a pleasure, not a necessity. So who wants it can spend diamonds on it.

Also giving more things to senators, might convince more players to subscribe.
Invest in diversity, some people are tired of seeing the same image all the time.
Don't make this game pay to play. No one wants to spend real money on everything they do. Some people cannot even afford it, but this site lets them interact with online friends and community.
I, as well, don't think I would be playing anymore if I have to pay for everything I do here, it's already a lot for me to spend diamonds whenever I want to hold a contest and give people what they deserve.

02.11.2023 12:46:45

bxdcherri
Level 187
Sex Appeal: 5190706
Reasonopia
02.11.2023 15:39:56
bxdcherri

I’d like to add to the incentives points. As of right now, you need to be a senator to even run for SM and then run for PB. Then, once your SM you have to pay to run contests. Then once your PB, if you want to be active and get people engaged in the site, you have to run even more contests. All of those things are costing SMs/PB  more and more money; first senatorship and then contests upon contests. So what is the actual incentive to run for Prime Bimbo, other than an achievement and a percentage of the total money the game makes. I understand why PB only takes a percentage of the cut, of course the rest of the money goes towards improving the site. But that isn’t giving us SMs enough of a reason to want to run. With the amount of work that PB is expected to put into running the site, an equal incentive needs to be presented for us SMs to want to run. Currently, PB earns less than minimum wage in the UK, and arguably puts a heck of a lot of hours into the game. So other than the treasury, what rewards does PB get? 
I also like the idea of PBs roles and responsibilities being better distributed between site members. As I’ve previously said, State Ministers run contests….that’s about it. Yes we receive reports and can jail people, but that’s still a Fashion Police’s responsibility. It would be nice if State Ministers could help out better with the site, and that would also decrease the stress on PB. 

02.11.2023 15:39:56

Biglittletit
Level 36
Sex Appeal: 37296
Antitheocra
02.11.2023 16:43:55
Biglittletit

I'm a casual player and I absolutely agree with the criticism given above. Pay walling parts of the site would be a huge mistake, and would alienate a lot of people like me who come here to have fun and play dress up. This site is a fantastic place to mess around and has a great community, but it's not a commerce site in the slightest. Patreon, Kofi, and many others already exist for the express purpose of being able to commission people for art/content, and there are a lot of websites online that work as places to list clothes and the like. I think that putting time and money into getting the code for that kind of feature working would be a huge waste, as it would definitely not get any real returns. 

If you want to get people to funnel more money into the site, I think leaning on the preexisting "exclusive" currency is the way to go. Allow ximbos to open up personalized shops where they can sell items they create/design for diamonds, and maybe have that be a perk exclusive to senators or limit the amount that casuals like me can list at one time. You'd get a lot more people paying for diamonds to buy cool new clothes, you'd still have the existing shop to get outfits from so casual and newbie players wouldn't be out of the loop, and there would be an incentive to pay into the site more. Maybe have some very special "diamond" items in the shops, or open up a diamond shop.  

As for the prime bimbo aspects, I think it's pretty clear that being PB is a lot of work, the kind that most of us aren't willing to take on. Giving her exclusive badges or some kind of benefit outside the treasury money (which really isn't that much when you consider all the time she'll pour into this site over the course of her term), or maybe give PBs some kind of lingering bonus for their work. like for every term you act as PB you get a month's allowance of diamonds/B$/something like that. I think that continuing the rewards for being PB after the term could do a lot to get more people to take on the responsibility.

Also, let's not mince words. Nobody really buys into the whole "online democracy" thing. The majority of people on this site are here to play dress up, chat in the forums, and have fun. I don't know a thing about the politics of my country on here or whatever because it literally never comes into play. The gimmick is fun, it's silly, but this game is not built to be a political simulator. Anyone who's interested in that will play bit nations or something similar, not ximboland. Until real effort is put into fostering political engagement (which I'd like to clarify I think is a horrible idea given what people like about this website) through real game mechanics (NOT just PB elections and the like), people aren't going to buy into it. The average ximboland citizen does not engage politically with the site AT ALL and that's not a bad thing.   

02.11.2023 16:43:55
:p

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...