Author
Pollyx
Pollyx
Level 125
Sex Appeal: 1548929
Antitheocra
22.02.2024 00:27:39
Pollyx

Hello, hello, and happy February! It’s a leap year, so you have one extra day to make your looks!

This month I’m bringing you all to the Ximbolitan Museum of Art. To set the scene you must understand the context—we enter first through the lobby, which contains a lovingly-sculpted twelve foot tall statue of our founder Sindy Laarson. Unfortunately, some criminals from Cnutville have knocked off her nose, but such is the fate of many great sculptures. It’s a badge of honor, really. Maybe someone can give her a nose job? Please leave your milkshakes and Xaja Blast outside of the gallery to protect the rest of the precious artwork, and let’s get to finding some references and inspiration!

Have you gathered your flower digitals, bustle skirts, parasols, windy cliff sides, bonnets, poppies, and dappled light? For this month’s contest, you will be making looks inspired by the 19th-century art movement of Impressionism, “...characterized by relatively small, thin, yet visible brush strokes, open composition, emphasis on accurate depiction of light in its changing qualities (often accentuating the effects of the passage of time), ordinary subject matter, unusual visual angles, and inclusion of movement as a crucial element of human perception and experience” (Wikipedia).

Obviously, though, most of the above things are hard to create in a limited dress-up doll character maker on a bimbo site! So I’m mostly just suggesting you be inspired by particular paintings, artists, or the general visual signifiers and common images of the style as a whole.

Some painters you might consider include Mary Cassatt, Claude Monet, Edgar Degas, Pierre Auguste Renoir, Berthe Morisot, Louise Breslau, Childe Hassam, Lilla Cabot Perry, Paul Cézanne, and many others (feel free to look some up)! Technically, Vincent Van Gogh is a post-Impressionist, but it’s close enough to the general “vibes” of the contest that I don’t mind if you’re inspired by him or anyone similarly kinda-sorta-impressionist. I’m not being picky.

You could be inspired by a specific painting with a human figure in it, make an outfit using the colors, imagery, and textures of a painting with no human figures in it, emulate the work of a particular artist, or just let your imagination run free with some common colors and images of the style! Have fun with it! Claude Monet’s water lily paintings are beautiful, and he painted so many of them… maybe he should have considered they just might need more lingerie? I jest. Probably. I do NOT apologize for being so goofy, btw <3

Feel free to steal or use any of the example paintings I provided, btw :)

Rules:

❀ Shop screenshots are allowed for players under level 16! If you don’t know how to post images or are having trouble, please consult this forum thread! For players over level 16, you must post using the hanger icon or by copy and pasting from your (visible) outfits <3

❀ Only players from Antitheocra will be prized (1st, 2nd, 3rd, People’s Choice), but I may or may not toss out some tiny prizes to out of state participants as well…. see below!

❀ Only one attempt per player! If you’d like to edit before the deadline, that’s fine—just delete your previous entry and repost <3

❀ Feel free to join with an alt, but if you join with two different accounts at once, ONLY ONE can be prized and you MUST TELL ME which you would like to be considered for the competition or I will disqualify both entries. Do not upvote your own entry from an alt account, either!

Prizes (Antitheocra only):

❀ 1st place: 400D + a special banner

❀ 2nd place: 300D + a special banner

❀ 3rd place: 200D + a special banner

❀ People’s Choice: 150D + a special banner

(Note: last month I offered art prizes as an option, but as I’m still working on the art for those winners, I unfortunately don’t want to add anymore and overload myself—so just diamonds this time, sorry!!)

Prizes (all states):

❀ Banners for anyone who asks! I love to customize them so they should be pretty fun ! You can see my outfit example above for (probably) what the banners will look like this time around. I’m hoping to do a little more custom text this time again, like I did for the December contest <3

❀ 25D and there for fun little things I and others like! I want to encourage forum participation, so if you like a look, feel free to comment on it in the forum, I would love to see it and keep it in mind! These prizes will be silly or lighthearted and will vary, you can check my previous contests (Culinary Couture and Decora Deliria) for examples.

Timing: Now until 23:59PM (XL time) on March 2nd!

Alright, that should be everything!! Now run out into the fields with your easels and make some masterpieces <3

22.02.2024 00:27:39
♥ Join The Church of Xod, an all-state fashion & creative contest where you create a (fake)bimbo god! Be inventive, do some worldbuilding, have fun! Open until May 10th, extra prizes for Antitheocrans ♥
Here is my well-sourced educational forum post about Israel's apartheid and genocide of Palestinians in Gaza and across Palestine as a whole, please educate yourself or you may fall for propaganda! 

Honey Beee
Level 212
Sex Appeal: 7595798
Secville
22.02.2024 04:28:46
Honey Beee

my take on On The Terrace at Sèvres by Marie Bracquemont, one of the four notable impressionist women!
Honey Beee On the Terrace at Svres - Wikipedia
I'd love a banner hehe 

22.02.2024 04:28:46

Violent Onsen Geisha
Level 22
Sex Appeal: 8017
Atheista
22.02.2024 10:57:12
Violent Onsen Geisha

Out of state entry but I thought this was such a lovely theme. My outfit is based off Degas' Dancer with a Bouquet of Flowers! I would like a banner please.

(Outfit is a screenshot from the store by the way.)

22.02.2024 10:57:12
Just a humble deejay trying to make it on this planet we call Earth....

She and/or he pronouns!
Gemima1984
Level 111
Sex Appeal: 1079829
Atheista
22.02.2024 19:23:57
Gemima1984

I'm out of state but would adore a banner. <3

No direct inspiration for this one other than the fact I just love the colours and painty style of impressionist paintings. I had no idea Van Gogh was post-impressionist (I have never studied art!) I really adored this prompt so couldn't resist taking part!

22.02.2024 19:23:57
SinksTears
Level 95
Sex Appeal: 666627
Antitheocra
22.02.2024 21:36:13
SinksTears

SinksTears
I can't read and i'd like everybody to know I only read "you will be making looks inspired by the 19th-century art movement of Impressionism"

22.02.2024 21:36:13

Gold Curious Achievement - 718/2000 (Be Challenged In Debates)

Vamparance
Level 16
Sex Appeal: 3495
Antitheocra
22.02.2024 23:34:43
Vamparance

I could not for the life of me get the image of the painting uploaded on the forum so please follow this link to look at it on wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilla_Cabot_Perry#/media/File:A_Cup_of_Tea_LACMA_M.91.309.5.jpg

My look was inspired by A Cup of Tea by Lilla Cabot Perry. Mrs. Perry was an artist who worked mainly with the concept of American Impressionism and finished many paintings in her lifetime (1848-1933). A Cup of Tea is currently on display in Los Angeles, California.
This is a screenshot from the shop as I am a broke bimbo under level 16. (would love a banner <3)

22.02.2024 23:34:43
You want a bite?
dominique jones
Level 34
Sex Appeal: 29048
Atheista
23.02.2024 03:16:47
dominique jones

dominique jones
not in antitheocra but id love a banner!

23.02.2024 03:16:47

cannabisbimbo
Level 118
Sex Appeal: 1309856
Freethinkerland
23.02.2024 05:03:26
cannabisbimbo

First born

I was inspired by Primo Compleanno by Plinio Nomellini (1914). I viewed this painting years ago at an exhibition of the Macchiaioli (Italian OG impressionist baddies) at Palazzo Pitti in Florence, Italy. I think this is technically considered Neo-Impressionist, but tbh there isn’t much known about this artist or his works. I was so moved by the warmth and optimism of this painting that I went back and visited it multiple times during my time in Florence. I have this print and another Nomellini work called Mezzogiorno hanging in my home. 

23.02.2024 05:03:26
reivalentine
Level 70
Sex Appeal: 271976
Agnostica
24.02.2024 10:20:19
reivalentine

♥️  Horse Drawn Carriage , Circa 1800-1899, Artist Unknown. ♥️

I chose this as it reminded me of the romantic days in the past when I misbehaved lots. ♥️

My Husband and I (before our marriage) always did secret meet ups and night rides due to our taboo relationship. ♥️

Decided to dress up as The Get Away Coach Woman with a Nut Cracker Themed Outfit. ♥️

Also a playful song with dance: (Youtube) ♥️

Also my favorite Christmas song:(Youtube) ♥️

Not interested in The Diamonds. ♥️

May I please have a banner? ♥️

Please and thank you.  ♥️

24.02.2024 10:20:19
✿Contests✿:Xod,Vogue:Pollyx♥️Spotlight,Birthday Ball:Katrynah♥️ Wednesday,Raffle:CraigslistStripper♥️Liminal:Hera_♥️LAN:Audrey_Lynn♥️Realm: Honey Beee♥️Bunny:Blecky89♥️
For me in contests: Participation only. No diamonds please. Only Banners. Thank you. ♥️
Ashly Xayvion
Level 40
Sex Appeal: 50056
Atheista
28.02.2024 04:06:45
Ashly Xayvion

Ashly Xayvion

28.02.2024 04:06:45

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...